Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Painting

IMG_3245  
I got the recipe for “Snow Paint” from the wonderful book First Art by Mary Ann Kohl (which I would highly recommend for toddlers…focuses on the process rather than the finished product)
firstart
(It’s called Snow Paint because when it dries it’s supposed to look like snow; it has salt in it)

What You’ll Need:
1 c. flour
1 c. salt
1 c. water
Whisk together

IMG_3240
What We Did:
I gave my 3 year old a piece of dark paper first as I thought it would make the paint sparkle more, but I can’t really say that it did.
IMG_3241
So then I just gave him paintbrush type things (see above), an old toothbrush and whatever else I could find…
 IMG_3243 IMG_3242
Honestly, he wasn’t very thrilled with this until I added the food coloring. Then the fun began and he started mixing and swirling.
IMG_3244 
I was bummed that my 19 month old slept through this. I think it would’ve been perfect for his age. Overall-not what I expected but a valuable art experience nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment