Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Clip the Squares

IMG_3319
I thought I would share this little activity because it is great fine motor practice that you  could pull out at anytime. It definitely surprised me how difficult this was for my 3 year old. This activity bag was given to me as as part of my preschool activity bag swap.
First we sorted the paper clips by color and then I told him he had to put them back on the appropriate colored square. His little fingers had a hard time doing this, but he eventually started getting the hang of it. But then he decided he was done and so that was that!

To make your own bag
-Cut squares of colored construction paper out and laminate for durability
-Get multicolored paper clips (my Dollar Tree has them)
Then have your kiddo clip the paper clips onto the appropriate color square

IMG_3317 IMG_3316

2 comments:

  1. I love preschool activities in a bag! I made the clip the square activity too awhile ago and at first is was pretty difficult for my daughter. I bought the first two books and I am waiting for the reading and math books to be available. I wish I could be part of a swap where I live. I am posting my alpha spoons this Sunday or Monday. I have been wanting to do these for so long. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea, I make my 3 yr old use paper clips on the number cards all the time too. The little mini-clothes pins are good too, you can get them at Wal-mart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete