Friday, February 5, 2010

Conversation Hearts

There are so many things that can be done with these little hearts…other than eat them that is. First, I had him sort them by color with this little tray that I got from the Dollar Tree. I put one of each color in each slot, but then he wanted to do all of the colors so we added those in too.

IMG_3274 IMG_3277

I found this candy heart counting mat at Totally Tots and even though I’m not too concerned about him knowing his numbers at this point, I just thought I would see if he could actually count out the hearts. He did pretty well up until 5.

IMG_3275  IMG_3278

Next, he glued the little hearts on to a heart that I drew on construction paper. And of course, he ate a few along the way…(and one got away as you can see)

IMG_3279 
Finally, I cut up a heart into puzzle pieces and hid them around the room. After they found all of the pieces, they attempted to put them together to form the heart. I say attempted because I made the puzzle way too hard. Next time I would do only a 4 piece puzzle.  Here are a few pics of them looking/finding the pieces.

IMG_3280 IMG_3284
IMG_3281 IMG_3285

Now this puzzle doesn’t look THAT hard does it? My husband wouldn’t let me take his picture, but he was the one who ended up finishing it after the kids and I gave up. :-)

IMG_3286 IMG_3287

4 comments:

  1. Aren't those conversation hearts great for learning and crafting fun... all ages and so much to do with them. Liked your puzzle and sounds like my family with Daddy finishing in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hearts are so fun. I think they are more fun to use for projects than to eat.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi "soul-sister"!! :) Love your blog- I look forward to seeing all the cute things you do with your boys and swapping my ideas that I do with my girls, with you!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete