Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heart Window Decor

G-man is 3 years, 1 month old

IMG_3303

I’m loving tissue paper after we did the Mitten Suncatcher and so I thought we’d try a similar idea to make a heart for our front window.

What You Need:

colored tissue paper (we used red and pink)
contact paper

What to do:

1. Cut the tissue paper in 1 inch squares.
2. Cut contact paper to whatever size heart you want to make
3. Have your child stick the tissue paper squares onto the contact paper

IMG_3299 IMG_3300

4. When done, cut a similar size contact paper and press it onto the top of the other one
5. Fold it in half and draw a half heart shape

IMG_3301

6. Cut out heart and hang in window. An inexpensive window decoration that your child can be proud of. While making this my 3 year old said “Mom, this is so beautiful”.

IMG_3303

When he gets a little older, I think it would be fun to do several of these in different sizes and colors and decorate the whole bay window!

On a side note-today the kids got Valentine’s from Grandma and Grandpa in the mail and just in case they check this, here they are opening them. They were so excited to get their own mail. My 18 month old took 5 minutes to get the envelope open and he would NOT let me help him. :-)

IMG_3310 IMG_3305

IMG_3307 IMG_3304

1 comment:

  1. I love the heart and it is beautiful!!! My boys got mail today too and they loved it!
    Thanks for the heart idea!
    Lynn-Never a dull moment

    ReplyDelete