Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jumping Numbers

I can’t take credit for this activity at all since it came from my PAT (Parents as Teachers educator) but I thought I would share because I thought it was so darn cute and G-man loved it. Plus, it would be very easy to do yourself if you wanted to.
The objective is to recognize the numbers 1-6. This is a new concept to Garrett, but surprisingly, he is very into counting lately, wanting to count everything.  It was perfect timing. She brought a large foam die and Garrett first had to roll it and count the dots to determine the number.
IMG_3418 Once the number was determined, he had to find the page with that number on it, and count those dots to make sure it was the right number.
IMG_3419
Then he had to jump that number inside of the circle (made out of a heavy yarn type).
IMG_3417 IMG_3420
IMG_3422 
IMG_3421
We ended the hour with a book about…counting of course! Thanks for a great activity Stacy.
IMG_3423

1 comment: