Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June Fun in the Sun

It was a rough winter (being newly pregnant and all), and so I am thrilled that the sunshine is here and we can enjoy the great outdoors. After all, what else should two boys be doing? Here are just a few of the things we’ve been up to lately.

Grant and Garrett’s Fishing Trip
This was a huge success. I knew Garrett would enjoy it, but I had no idea just how much.  Thank you to Hy-Vee for sponsoring the free fishing derby. This could very well be a family tradition.

So when I asked Garrett “Did you catch a fish?” The response was rather unexpected. He said “I caught a turtle”. What? And so here is the picture of the poor turtle and the proud fishermen. Not exactly what we told him he’d be catching, but oh well.

fishing fishing3

I love this shot…my peaceful boys. How Garrett sat so patiently remains a mystery to me, but Grant said he did a great job.
fishing2
The Children’s Zoo Fun Day We’d never been to this zoo before, but it’s been on my to-do list for a few years now. It is a cute little park and perfect for younger kids.  They enjoyed seeing sheep, goats, calves, peacocks, and chickens.  Can you see the animal behind the kids?
zooIMG_3522

There is also some very fun "old-fashioned” play equipment to play on.
 IMG_3521 IMG_3524
This particular day was the park’s “fun day” and so there was much fun to be had. First there was the Storybook Express train that took them around the park. (that cute little blonde is our neighbor!)

zoo1 IMG_3525
IMG_3526
There were fun games such as the tractor pull. I’m proud to announce that Garrett went 15’5 feet and has the certificate to prove it. (See the tongue? That’s what he does when he’s nervous or when people are watching) Colin? Well he tried :-)

zoo4 zoo3

And finally, a free lunch. We also got bags of goodies. I’m not sure who was in charge of this day, but it was a very good time and we’ll be back next year!

zoo2
Time to Get the Pool Out! This actually happened in May, but I’ll post a few pics anyway. All of a sudden, the temperature skyrocketed to 90 degrees and so we thought it would be fun to get wet.

IMG_3506 IMG_3507
IMG_3509  IMG_3511
Why are there no pictures of Colin? Well, I guess he was tuckered out :-)

IMG_3510
More fun to be had this weekend as we venture out to Jellystone Park!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I can't show this to my homeschooler because she's been begging to put our little pool up and to go to the zoo! I don't want to remind her! *grin*

    Welcome the Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun - especially from where I'm sitting on a rainy day. :-)

    Love the little monkeys on your blog - very cute!

    Welcome to the Crew!

    Lisa C. from the Crew
    www.teachthemhisways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to meet a fellow crew member, Congrats on the new baby news!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! I love the monkey background ;)

    ReplyDelete