Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Marshmallow Painting

Here is a cute, simple activity we did this morning. Below are their “masterpieces”.  (Garrett’s is on the left, Colin’s on the right)

IMG_3614IMG_3615

I just put tempera paint on paper plates and plopped a large marshmallow in each color.

IMG_3608
Then I gave them each a white piece of paper and let them do whatever they wanted. I was surprised that for the most part, they kept the colors separate and returned the marshmallows to the correct color.

They loved it! (That is Colin’s new smile by the way :-)

IMG_3612 IMG_3613

7 comments:

  1. oh, marshmallow painting-how fun! Just stopping by to say hi whilst on the crew blog cruise...a few weeks late, but none the less, I am here now-nice to meet ya!

    Enjoy this year!

    FM Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I am from the TOS crew and was just doing some blog walking. Love the painting with marshmallow idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun craft idea!! It's great to "meet" you, Amy, and I look forward to being on the mini-crew with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marshmallow painting, what a great idea! So nice to meet you. Welcome to the Crew! I look forward to reading more of your blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! and easy too! Hardly any clean up!! I look forward to seeing more of your great ideas! Welcome to our mini-crew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a fun mom. I am so awful. I RARELY do fun stuff like this. I don't know how you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Got these paints we never use because the paint brushes keep walking. I wonder if my 2yo will try to eat the marshmallows. Note to self: provide a separate stash of marshmallows for eating. :o)

    ReplyDelete