Sunday, August 22, 2010

State Fair Trip

We recently took a trip to our state’s State Fair and it was such a good time that I thought I’d share some highlights. The first thing we went to was called “Little Hands on the Farm”and it was soooo cute.  They had several little barns set up that the kids went through, each serving their own purpose to teach about what happens on a farm. Here are the kids equipped with their hats, baskets and aprons ready to begin.

IMG_3729

I can’t remember the exact order, but here are some of the different activities they got to do: plant a seed, choose produce for their basket, pick an apple off the tree, choose an egg, milk a pretend cow, drive a tractor, sell their produce and eventually sell it back. Then they got a dollar to buy one item at the store.  That was their favorite part I think.

IMG_3730 IMG_3731
IMG_3732 IMG_3733 IMG_3736 IMG_3734
IMG_3740 IMG_3739

There were so many things to do/see at the fair, but of course the kids were most interested in seeing the animals. I didn’t get a picture of it, but we saw baby chics hatching out from their eggs and many more mama animals with their newborns. Very cool!

IMG_3741 IMG_3742

Here is the infamous “Big Bohr” weighing in at 1220 lbs! Garrett asked “how does that pig get up?” I wonder too!

IMG_3745
Of course, the John Deere tractors were a big hit as well.

IMG_3750 IMG_3749

A fun day!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love going to the county and state fairs. My ds did the farm exhibit about a half a dozen times last time we went! From a fellow TOS reviewer.

    ReplyDelete