Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kool-Aid Playdoh

Today I tried a super easy new play-doh recipe and thought I’d share.  It doesn’t make a ton, so I would recommend making a double batch if you have more than 2 kids, or want to make multiple colors. Here is what you’ll need:

Ingredients:

-2 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 cup salt
-2 cups boiling water
-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
-2 packages kool-aid (any color)

IMG_3818

How to make:

Mix all dry ingredients together until blended
Add water and oil and stir
Knead with hands when mixture is cool
Divide dough in half
Knead on pack of Kool-Aid into one half, and the second pack in the second half. Store in airtight container.

I had tropical punch and lemon-lime flavors on hand, that just so happen to look like Christmas colors, but that wasn’t my intention! Also, I thought the dough was a little sticky so I added a bit more flour. 

Here they are rolling, mixing, cutting to their hearts content. This is Colin’s best “smile” :-)

IMG_3819

IMG_3820

*Tip-2 year olds don’t understand “don’t mix the colors” so we ended up with one light greenish-red color.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment