Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

I’m a day late with this post, but wanted to share a fun way to spice up a Monday. The concept is “Muffin Tin Monday” and although I can’t take credit for the idea, it’s a great one that my preschooler is very excited about. In fact, today he asked if he could have Muffin Tin Tuesday…so I know we’ll be doing this for awhile.

The idea is simple…you just serve lunch in a 6 cup muffin tin pan. Yes, you have to come up with 6 different things, but I’ve found it’s a great way to introduce new food that you just want your child to try a few bites of. There are some things I know he won’t eat, but I at least feel like I tried and exposed him to it. Here is what our muffin tins looked like last week.

IMG_3775

Now, I’m not saying this is the most nutritious meal, it’s more like what I had on hand. I had been forgetting to do it all summer and just remembered that day, so I just pulled some things together. You could theme the lunch any way you like…red food, food that starts with a certain letter, etc. This was our first go at it so it was just a hodgepodge of things thrown together. They LOVED it! Check out these faces!

IMG_3772

For more information and more creative ideas, check these links out.

Muffin Tin Moms
Another Lunch (this is star themed)

No comments:

Post a Comment