Tuesday, September 7, 2010

“Playing” with Marshmallows

When I asked my 3 year old what he wanted to do the other day, his answer was “play with marshmallows”. That is the last thing I expected him to say, but luckily we had a half-stale bag on hand and here is what we did. Nothing extravagant but then again, that is what they usually think is the most fun anyway!

The first thing we did is just glue the marshmallows to paper. Simple, but good practice with making glue dots.

IMG_3786 Next I challenged  him to make things with the marshmallows using toothpicks. I started making shapes and then he did too.

IMG_3783

IMG_3787

Here is what my 2 year old was doing most of the time…that’s right, eating them!

IMG_3788
But he did make a few things and he was quite proud of himself.

IMG_3784 
So if you have a day where you can’t think of anything to do, just  get out the marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment