Friday, September 24, 2010

TOS Review: Schleich

HSCrew468x60Animated

Do you appreciate toys that don’t beep, whistle, require batteries, wear down, or annoy you? I know I do.  That’s why I was thrilled when I found out I would be reviewing a fabulous product as part of my participation on the TOS  Crew. This one is a winner!

schleich_logo_75
About the Company:

Schleich is a German company that was founded in 1935.   The now famous Schleich figurines first came to life in the 1950's with comic characters such as the Smurfs, Snoopy, and the Muppets.    Since the 1980’s, they have expanded into the animal kingdom, dinosaurs, knights, pioneers, Indians and the magical world of Bayala. Even better-they have many buildings and accessories to go with them. There are over 500 different figures available  (Target and Amazon included) and the prices range from $2.29-$180. Check the website for pictures of what they offer.

Our Experience:

8 beautiful hand-painted, animal figurines were delivered to our door and enthusiastically dumped out on the living room floor.  The next 30 minutes or so were filled with two little boys opening, examining, and playing with each of the animals. I watched them line up their animals, feed them, and many other imaginative things that I love to see as a mom.

schleich
The package also came with a catalogue that they devoured.  We had such fun finding all of our animals. I even learned about a few animals that I’ve never even heard of! I have to admit, I also enjoyed looking at all of the options and planning which ones I wanted to add to our collection. Christmas maybe?

The thing that impressed me most about these animals is the quality.  They are solid, sturdy and most of all, detailed.  These are the most detailed high quality animal figurines I have ever seen. Here are a few pictures of some animals so you can see just how beautiful they are.

goathorse

lamb

My boys ( ages 3 & 2) played with the figures a lot the first day, and then the play tapered off a bit. I think this is a toy that will grow with them and they will appreciate more in the future.  I also plan to add some of the accessories to our collection which I’m sure will be a huge hit.

Overall, a simple, beautiful toy that any family would enjoy!

To see what others are saying about Schleich, click here.

Disclaimer: This product was given to me free of charge in exchange for my honest review as part of the TOS Crew.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you! Any toy that isn't electronic is best by me! I'm glad that your boys enjoyed these. (so cute!) Mine did, too.

    ReplyDelete