Friday, September 3, 2010

TOS Review: Time4Learning

HSCrew468x60Animated

As part of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was given the opportunity to review Time4Learning Preschool with my 3 1/2 year old son. Initially, I was a little apprehensive about doing this because up until now, he has had no exposure to the computer. I don’t think 3 year olds typically need loads of screen time, but after trying out this curriculum, I can see that there might be a place for it. Plus, it’s just plain FUN and he loved it!

About Time4Learning:

Time4Learning is a technology-based online educational program that teaches preschool to eighth grade curriculum using a combination of animated lessons, interactive activities and reinforcing worksheets.”

Logo_Time4Learning
Being that my son is only 3, we used part 1 of the 2 preschool components for 4 weeks. It was nice that the program figured my child’s level based on a simple quiz. Because the preschool pages are colorful and simple,  it only took my novice a few sessions to learn how to navigate and use the mouse. This pleasantly surprised me. The preschool pages have icons (such as letters, numbers, colors, garden, tools, etc) and the child just clicks on whatever interests them. From there, they are taken to a page where they have 4-5 activities related to that theme. Garrett’s favorites were the stories, concentration type games, and coloring. After a child completes all of the activities in that category, a red check mark appears so that the parent can easy check to see what they have done.

t4l_preschool_logo
Time 4 Learning is not just for preschoolers. It is a comprehensive on-line program for PK-8th with thousands of interactive lessons.

The Cost per month  is $19.95 for the first child, and $14.95 for each additional child. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

What I liked:

I really liked that it was simple for him to use. I also thought most of the “games” really reinforced what I was doing with him at home.  Anytime you can approach something in a fun, new light = success. Plus,  he loved it and asked to “do computer” every day. 

What I disliked:

There’s very little that I disliked in the preschool program. The only thing that would keep us from purchasing it is the cost. For our family, the price is not feasible.

If you’re looking for a fun and educational activity to add to your preschooler’s day, I would highly recommend Time4Learning!

You can see what others are saying about Time4Learning here!

Disclaimer: Time4Learning was provided free of charge for my review as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew. I received no other compensation, and this review is my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. My son enjoyed this program when he was much younger. I think it's great for active little boys. It seems to hold their attention pretty well. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete