Sunday, October 31, 2010

I am Falling in Love…

with my new baby boy that is!  Austin Reid was born Monday, October 25th at 12:27 p.m. He weighed 8 lb 11 oz and was 21 inches long. Here he is just a few seconds old.

IMG_3894 
I went into labor at 5:30 a.m and headed to the hospital shortly after. After Colin’s “fast as lightning” birth, I knew I wouldn’t have much time.  After 1 1/2 hours, I was elated to get the epidural this time. Can I just say God bless the person who invented that? Once again my labor was intense but quick.  When I was 10 cm I pushed for a little over an hour. When all is said and done, this labor and delivery was much less traumatic than the other two. I was so afraid to go through it all again, but I am so blessed that everything went well and this little guy was born healthy.

Here he is with his big brothers.

IMG_3913

IMG_3915 
I’m not brave enough to share any pictures of me. Again, I went into labor during the night so it’s not a pretty sight! But here is daddy holding his new son for the first time.

IMG_3899
This was taken at 5 days old. They change so quickly!

IMG_3937

As I sit here and write this, my heart is filled with so much love for this guy. The miracle of new life amazes me. For 9 months I felt him inside of me, imagined what he would look like and dreamed of who he will be.  When I look at him, and I do that often, I am filled with so much emotion. The precious innocence of a newborn child represents everything right in the world. From his kissable cheeks to his tiny toes, he is God’s perfect creation. The one I am entrusted to love and raise on this earth in hopes of being reunited in the next. I hope I can be the kind of mother to him that he deserves. Mostly, I am just so thankful for this healthy, precious baby that I have the privilege of loving. I am so blessed.

 IMG_3968

6 comments:

  1. He is just so beautiful. All those boys!! I love baby ears. Only God would put that much intricate work into something that little. It makes me seriously clucky!! But no, I have my grandma box filling fast though and with one daughter married?? Congratulations to you and your family. ps those big brothers are just so cute and look like they have that big brother stuff down pat already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO beautiful! Glad your delivery went well and you are able to enjoy this time. I better go kiss my baby too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS to all of you What a GREAT family you have with your 3 sons.Also a GREAT posting thanks for sharing!!!The pics are GREAT!!Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, congratulations on your newest addition! Now you can officially say "My 3 Sons" and be so proud of each of them. These little men are so handsome and so special. You are a very lucky mom to be home with them. Treasure every minute of their childhood. (We do miss you at ERMS...but that can wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how SUPER PRECIOUS he is. I can't wait to meet him!! Congratulations again! LOVE TO ALL 4 of your boys and some extra for you! Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's beautiful! Congratulations. SO glad you posted some pics!

    ReplyDelete