Saturday, November 13, 2010

What We’ve Been Up To

Surviving mostly. These past few weeks have definitely been a transition.  My little guy will be 3 weeks old on Monday. He has already changed so much I can hardly believe it.  Everyone that sees him says how small he is, but to me, he is already huge. Here are a few updated pictures of our new little guy.

IMG_4047 IMG_4034 

I’ve been trying to keep some kind of routine with the other two. Before the baby was born, I was trying to introduce a new letter every week or two to Garrett. So continuing with that, we started talking about Rr. My goal is for him to recognize all of the letters in his name. At this rate, we will get through the alphabet in about 2 years, ;-)

So in between changing diapers, potty training my 2 year old, feedings, breaking up fights, etc etc… here are a few things we’ve done. Nothing major, but enough to keep them somewhat busy.

Rainbow Necklaces
I just had them string fruit loops to a lacing string to make a necklace. Colin actually kept with it for a long time and made a very long necklace.  I gave Garrett the pattern for a rainbow and had him follow the pattern. Of course it ended with them eating the cereal.

IMG_4043 IMG_4044

Ribbon Rainbow
This idea came from Mama Jenn’s blog and is based on the book What Makes a Rainbow.

rainbow
My kids love this book, especially the ribbons. (When you open each page a new colored ribbon is added to the rainbow)  I got a bunch of ribbon on clearance at Michael’s a long time ago, cut it up into 1 inch pieces,  and pulled it out for this project. First, they sorted the ribbon into bowls. Then,  I just drew 6 lines on a piece of construction paper and had them glue on the pieces of ribbon to make a rainbow.

IMG_4037 IMG_4038

The finished project. Notice the 2 year olds “rainbow”  ;-) He just had fun gluing the pieces on.

IMG_4040IMG_4041

Pumpkin Counting
I never did get around to do this in October, but it was just as big of a hit in November. I found this pumpkin patch counting mat here and bought a bag of candy pumpkins. I had Garrett draw a number card and count out that many pumpkins to put in the patch. Anything with food is a hit with him. He asked to do this every night for a week, of course eating a few pumpkins each time.

IMG_4028 IMG_4029

And finally…just because, here is one of my favorite pictures of the week. The older two trying to console Austin. Precious!

IMG_4022

No comments:

Post a Comment