Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Craft Stick Christmas Trees

I would love to wake up 20 years from now and have a bunch of homemade ornaments hanging on my tree from when my kids were little. Here is our first one this year.  They were fun to make and I think they turned out good.

IMG_4227

You’ll need:

1 large craft stick
5 small craft sticks
green paint
brown paint
jewels
yellow wood star
ribbon

1. Have the kids paint all of the craft sticks green and let dry.

IMG_4188 IMG_4189

2. Line up the sticks on the large craft stick and mark with a pencil where you want to cut them to make a Christmas tree shape

IMG_4194
3. Cut with a strong scissors. I used kitchen sheers. Tip-cut fast or there’s a better chance the craft sticks will crack
4. Glue the small craft sticks on the larger one with clear tacky glue.
5. Have the kids glue the jewels on with clear tacky glue. ( I know they make self-adhesive ones but I wasn’t sure my kids would have the dexterity in their fingers to do that, so I opted to go with the regular ones)
6. Glue the star to the top.
7. Paint the bottom of the “trunk” brown.
8. Hot glue a ribbon to the back.
9. Hang and admire!

IMG_4226_edited-1

No comments:

Post a Comment