I would love to wake up 20 years from now and have a bunch of homemade ornaments hanging on my tree from when my kids were little. Here is our first one this year. They were fun to make and I think they turned out good.
1 large craft stick
5 small craft sticks
yellow wood star
3. Cut with a strong scissors. I used kitchen sheers. Tip-cut fast or there’s a better chance the craft sticks will crack
4. Glue the small craft sticks on the larger one with clear tacky glue.
5. Have the kids glue the jewels on with clear tacky glue. ( I know they make self-adhesive ones but I wasn’t sure my kids would have the dexterity in their fingers to do that, so I opted to go with the regular ones)
6. Glue the star to the top.
7. Paint the bottom of the “trunk” brown.
8. Hot glue a ribbon to the back.
9. Hang and admire!